BBQ Chai Glazed Pork Spare Ribs
A quick and easy pork recipe perfect for the bbq.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes (plus marinating time)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
8 – 10 lean pork belly rashers or spare ribs
½ cup cold chai tea, strong black
¼ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp fresh ginger
1 cup chai tea, strong black
½ cup brown sugar
1 orange, zested and juiced
4 star anise
Steamed basmati rice
1. Cut pork rashers in half and place in a non-metallic shallow dish.
2. Pour over the combined marinade and marinate for 40 minutes or up to 24 hours refrigerated.
3. Remove pork from marinade and BBQ on a pre-heated BBQ grill plate 5 – 6 minutes each side.
4. Place glaze ingredients into a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until liquid boils. Increase heat and boil rapidly until liquid is syrupy, stirring occasionally.
5. Brush glaze over ribs liberally and caramelise for 2 minutes on the BBQ being careful not to burn.
6. Serve pork with warm roti bread, basmati rice and salad.
When glazing pork on the BBQ it’s best to cook marinated pork first then apply glaze. This prevents the sugar burning and destroying delicate flavours.